Home-based businesses are a good way to supplement your income or a way to become your own boss. You can leave the everyday grind of the concrete jungle by forging ahead toward the American dream…entrepreneurship. If you would like to begin the journey, but don’t have the capital begin, don’t lose heart. There are several opportunities which require low start-up cost.
1. Pet-based Business – Pets are a part of the family. Pet owners want the very best for their loved ones. If you are fond of animals then you can turn your emotions into cash with services for pets. Ideas for this type of business include pet sitting, dog walking, and baking doggie treats.
2. Cleaning Services – Many businesses need help with keeping their offices clean. Some parents with an on-the-go lifestyle need house cleaners to maintain sanity. With a quick trip to the local dollar store, you can begin this business for less than the price of a meal at a restaurant.
3. Massage Therapy – If you have a background as a masseuse, than you can begin your own business offering different types of massages, hot stone, aromatherapy, prenatal, and Swedish. With a room in your home you can offer a pleasant massage experience with soft lighting, soothing music, and heated oils.
4. Personal Trainer – If you have the educational background, provide one-on-one physical exercise training for your clients.
5. Virtual Receptionist – Currently, there is a lot of buzz about at-home call centers in which individuals who want to stay at home can work the customer service center of a business from the privacy of their personal office. Companies are outsourcing their sales, order-taking, and customer assistance to home-based independent agents.
6. Cake Decorating – If you have a creative flair then you will enjoy working at home as a cake decorator. This career needs a small investment for equipment, such as a Lazy Susan, baking pans, an industrial mixer, and icing bags with tips.
7. Genealogy – Do you possess great researching skills? If you are one of those people who love researching genealogy then you should know you can put your skills to good use by working at home as a genealogist.
8. Photography – You can earn money by being a mobile photographer, going where the client wants to shoot pictures or if you don’t want to become a professional photographer, then you can submit your images to stock photography websites for cash.
9. Arts and Craft Shows – Arts and Crafts shows are an excellent way to earn extra money. If you have a talent for making arts or crafts, then you can begin a handmade business. This type of opportunity offers individuals a way to supplement their income on the weekends.
10. Freelance Writer – You can write articles for websites which will pay you for them. You can also earn money writing by writing pieces for blogs.